Vitocal 222-A in monobloc design uses the heat contained in the outside air in an environmentally friendly and cost-effective way.
Air/water heat pumps in monobloc design are characterised by the separation into an indoor and outdoor unit, whereby the connecting pipes are filled with water.
Take advantage of these benefits
- Air/water heat pumps in monobloc design, 2.3 to 12.0 kW (A2/W35)
- Low operating costs due to high COP (Coefficient of Performance) value according to EN 14511: up to 5.0 (A7/W35) and up to 4.1 (A2/W35)
- Heating and cooling in one unit by reversible circuit
- Comfortable cooling function due to three cooling circuits
- High DHW convenience thanks to 220-l hot water storage tank
- Particularly quiet thanks to Advanced Acoustic Design (AAD), ideal for use in terraced housing estates too
- High-quality products and modern, timeless design - Made in Germany
- Maximum flow temperature up to 60 °C at - 10 °C outdoor temperature
- Monobloc indoor unit with high-efficiency circulation pump, 3-way changeover valve, safety group, control and integrated hot water instantaneous water heater
- Easy to operate Vitotronic control unit with plain text and graphic display
- Control of Viessmann ventilation units possible
- No refrigeration leak test due to hermetically sealed cooling circuit
- No minimum distances between indoor and outdoor unit
- Optimised use of self-produced electricity from photovoltaic systems
- Internet-enabled with Vitoconnect (accessory) and free ViCare App
- Energy efficiency class* A++ / A | Type 221.A04: A+ / A
*Energy efficiency class according to EU Regulation No. 811/2013 Heating, average climatic conditions - Low (35 °C) / medium temperature application (55 °C)
Vitocal 222-A air/water heat pump
The Vitocal 222-A monobloc heat pump uses the heat contained in the outside air in an environmentally friendly and cost-effective manner. It can heat and cool. The compact unit has an integrated 220 litre DHW cylinder.
Compact monobloc outdoor units
The new outdoor units in a timeless design are very pleasing to the eye. The units with one or two fans are developed and manufactured in-house. In addition to excellent performance levels, they have exceptional workmanship and product quality - Made in Germany.
Innovative Advanced Acoustic Design
The outdoor unit for the Vitocal 222-A follows the Advanced Acoustic Design (AAD), taking into account structural acoustic specifications. The result is hardly audible. The high-quality and sound -optimised fan in combination with an intelligent speed control contributes significantly to the reduction of airborne noise at full and partial load operation. Low frequencies are largely avoided, which would otherwise be perceived as disturbing with conventional heat pumps.
Fast installation time
The compact, wall-mounted indoor unit with hydraulics and control is quiet and can be installed close to the living area. The connecting pipes to the outdoor unit are filled with water, for the installation of which the tradesman does not require F-gas certification. Due to the high degree of pre-installed components and matching accessories, the Vitocal 222-A can be installed in a very short time.
High level of DHW convenience
The Vitocal 222-A is equipped with a large integrated 220-litre DHW cylinder and the newly developed inflow device ensures very good layering, allowing a high tap volume of up to 290 litres (at 40 °C).
With a sound pressure level of only 35 dB(A) at a distance of three metres (night mode), the outdoor unit (with a fan) of the new Vitocal 222-A air/water heat pump compact unit is one of the quietest units of this type. Installation close to the neighbouring property or in densely built-up areas, such as terraced housing estates, is therefore no problem.
EHPA seal of approval
The EHPA seal of approval serves as proof of the COP (Coefficient of Performance) for funding under the market incentive programme.
The German EHPA Quality Seal Commission certifies that the Viessmann Vitocal 222-A heat pump meets the requirements of the EHPA quality seal regulations.
Vitotronic 200 with WiFi option
The heat pumps can even be controlled from anywhere using the Vitotronic 200 control unit via the Vitoconnect web interface (accessory) and the free ViCare app. In addition, they can be combined with central Vitovent mechanical ventilation units.
Stay connected with Vitoconnect 100
The Vitoconnect 100 interface is required for operation via app. Retrofitting for earlier heat pumps in the Vitocal series (built in 2010 or later) is possible at any time.
The ViCare app enables system users to control their heating system via smartphone. The operating status can be viewed at any time and the contractor whose details have been stored in the app can be contacted quickly and easily if a fault occurs.
A perfect match – system technology"
The whole is greater than the sum of its parts". In accordance with this philosophy, Viessmann does not simply supply individual heating equipment components that meet the high Viessmann standards for quality, reliability and effectiveness. In addition, all products are part of a matching overall concept, where all components complement one another. After all, only perfect interaction between all system parts can draw out the maximum potential of our innovative leading technology.
Viessmann system technology incorporates everything you need for a reliable and economical heating system, from the Vitotronic control unit with wireless remote control, powerful Vitocell DHW cylinders for the highest DHW convenience, right up to high grade solar thermal systems for cost effective central heating backup.
Product details Vitocal 222-A
Monobloc air-to-water heat pump, nominal heat output: 4 to 12 kW, application area: single-family dwelling, new build
Air source heat pump, rated heating output: 7 to 8.5 kW, outdoor installation, detached houses, new build and modernisation projects, dual mode systems