Max Viessmann to speak at Climate Action event at COP26find out more
14. October 2021
Telford, UK – Viessmann will be helping to shape future energy and heating policy by participating at the upcoming UN Climate Change Conference UK 2021, also known as COP26.
Max Viessmann, Co-CEO Viessmann Group and CEO Viessmann Climate Solutions and fourth generation leader of Viessmann, will speak at one of the events organised alongside COP26 – the Sustainable Innovation Forum 2021 – of which Viessmann is a sponsor.
Held in Glasgow, from October 31st - November 12th, COP26 will bring numerous parties together from around 200 countries across politics, business and wider societal spheres to accelerate action towards the goals of the Paris Agreement and the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change. The event will feature a multitude of events, keynotes and discussions about some of the most pertinent climate issues facing the world today.
Max Viessmann will shed light on a range of topics during his talk, including:
- How the building sector, through decarbonising heating and cooling, can play a critical role in reaching climate targets.
- The importance of making such activities socially just and beneficial and attractive to end-users and homeowners.
- The role H2 and green gases can play in decarbonising the energy mix and ensuring continuation of a reliable energy supply.
- Viessmann's own decarbonisation progress and future net zero ambitions.
Graham Russell, Viessmann's Managing Director, commented: “Viessmann, driven by its family owners, has lived and breathed a sustainability strategy for well over a century, demonstrating through its own operations how industrial businesses can achieve and even surpass carbon targets using heating and cooling technology already on the market today. It is most appropriate therefore that Max Viessmann is invited to speak at Climate Action’s Sustainable Innovation Forum, representing the heating industry at the top table with policy-makers, heads of industries, NGOs and other bodies helping to shape the future.
“The COP26 summit is the perfect opportunity to focus on the decarbonisation of the UK’s energy and buildings. With many electric and hydrogen-fuelled climate technologies available today to take over from fossil fuels, we are proud to be playing a critical role in the energy transition. Viessmann offers energy efficient solutions for homeowners today covering electrification, hydrogen and the digital platforms via which they can be controlled and optimised.
Sponsored by Viessmann, the Sustainable Innovation Forum is organised by Climate Action, an organisation which aims to establish and build partnerships between businesses, governments and public bodies to accelerate international sustainable development and advance the ‘green economy’.
It will form an important part of the wider COP26 summit, which is being hosted by the UK with four clear goals at its front and centre:
- Secure global net zero by 2050 and 1.5 degrees warming within reach.
- Adapt to protect communities and natural habitats.
- Mobilise finance and hold developed countries to their pledge to put in at least $100 billion collectively every year.
- Work together to deliver.